Thursday 15 December 2011

Middlesbrough: The Start of Something Big??

Hey,

My name is Chris Pritchard (gaming name is Atokous). I live in England and have been a supporter of Middlesbrough FC all my life. Football is a passion for me but i have never really got into the Football Manager series but a few weeks ago i decided to try it out and i got hooked. I bought the game and, after having read some other FM stories, decided to write my own story. 

The team that i will be staring with is the one and only Middlesbrough FC; the team i have supported all my life. I'm not really sure about what my aim is during this 'journey'. My first aim, i think, will be to make Middlesbrough the best team in the game and then i'll see where i go from there. Moving on, I present to you, Middlesbrough:






As you can see, the club is going through a rough patch and is on the decline. Pretty much all the premiership standard players that the were at the club have been sold. The club is turning into a proper 'championship team'. My first aim has to be to get the club back into the Prem.


The fineness at the club are the biggest problem. The wage bill is far too large and the large revenue cuts that came with relegation have hit the club hard. Keeping the finances in check will be one of my main targets.

The squad:


The squad doesn't look too bad but is filled with too many average players who are getting on a bit. The main area of strength is the midfield but there is a severe lack of wingers. With a limited transfer budget this is something that i will be looking to address. I will also be completely focusing on youth.

That's all for now, sorry the post doesn't really give that much away as this post is really only an introduction. My next post i will focus on pre-season; friendlies and transfers. Your comments are always welcome. If you want any screenshot and have any questions, I’ll answer the questions and post the screenshot in the next post.

Thanks,

Atokous

No comments:

Post a Comment